Re: switching to linux keycodes in woody

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 06:14:45PM -0700, Wilhelm Fitzpatrick wrote:

> to my .gnomerc so that up and down arrows would auto-repeat.  Doubtless
> there is some better solution, but I was not able to find it, even after
> trolling through ML archives and various HOWTOs.

Here is the relevant section of XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "CoreKeyboard"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbModel" "powerpcps2"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Note the "powerpcps2" -> PowerPC PS/2 keyboard.

I don't know why this is necessary. Where ever it was that gave me this
idea vaguely mentioned "kernel bugs" but now I can't find that information.

This fixes X for me, although xkeycaps still reports the wrong raw keycodes.

And yes, the linux console works perfectly, keycode for keycode the same
as my Pentium II laptop. So odd...

Adam