Re: reiserfs empirical study (very long)

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 02:59:43PM -0400, Rahul Jain wrote:

> The PPC users only started complaining a week before that. (Good think, too,
> since next week I start my job where I'll be playing with Linux 2.4 on an SMP
> RS/6000. Unfortunately, IBM doesn't have debian as a supported distro...)

that can be fixed, i think all that is required is boot-floppies
support, please help boot floppies, give us info, send patches, test,
etc.

even a small start would be helping me get better RS/6000 support in
ybin, since the boot-floppies completely rely on ybin to make
yaboot systems bootable.

if you don't have a RS/6000 and have some coding exp or know how to
test EXPERIMENTAL BROKEN CODE then testing boot-floppies is a help
too.  (emphisis on broken because current boot-floppies code is broken
and not ready for normal users/installs).

anyway if im being subtle boot-floppies always need more help thats
half the reason releases take so long.  (its why freezing has not
started yet).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/