Re: MacOS floppy creation

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

> On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 11:07:52PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
>
> > Since boot-floppies are EOL, it probably doesn't make sense to pursue this
> > any further. OTOH, will we have the same problem in DI? Will there still be
> > binary format boot floppy images?
>
> yes, you have to boot somehow. and bootable oldworld CDROMs are
> impossible.  the main difference is the root disk will be much
> smaller, mini packages are installed on it based on whats needed for
> that particular archetecture.

So this particular issue is unchanged in d-i vs b-f.  And, again, it's
a debian-cd issue if I'm not mistaken.

Even if b-f is EOL, it's what Woody will be shipping with, so it
affects thousands if not tens of thousands of users.  I didn't mean to
imply at all that we should do what we can to make installation (even
on OldWorld) as easy as possible.

So, again, I think this all is worthwhile, even in the context of
woody and b-f (esp. since most of it will carry over to sid and d-i).

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>