Re: basic installation on 7200/75 (sucess)

On 29-May-2001 Adam Goode wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 05:58:07AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
>> On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 03:38:03PM +0200, morten wrote:
>> > There are, of course, another problem...
>> > I do dhcp to get the ip adress, and that works, but when it has gotten its
>> > IP
>> > adress it stops communicating with the outside world. I have to set the
>> > promisc
>> > mode and tried changing media 100base2 and 10base2, but that was not it.
>>
>> i don't know about this, sounds like the crappy ethernet chips used in
>> these machines.
>>

> Indeed it is! And the result is that "pump" kills your connection. Try
> setting up a static IP address during the install, then switching to
> dhcp-client later.

I have installed potato enough to boot from hte hdd. So I am modifying the
config files directly, and I thought I would add a net driver in the
modules.conf - with the proper parameter of course.
Are you suggesting that I remove eth0 completely and afterwards I install eth0
manually with a staic IP?

morten

--
E-Mail: morten <mobo@mailme.dk>
Date: 29-May-2001
Time: 19:17:33

Currently working hard for the LAI at INSA-lyon