Re: Woody Impressions

> Just to answer a couple of questions, I am using Ethan's mozilla .debs
> (thanks Ethan!), and they always open to the Mail/News reader.

Strange.  I have Ethan's debs, and they have always opened to the
browser.  Perhaps this is because of imported preferences from Netscape?

> Finally, on performance, I've found it's a very strong function of the
> RAM on the machine.

This could be key.  I have 256MB in my TiBook (G4/400) and Mozilla flys,
by comparison with both NS 4.7 under Linux and OmniWeb under OSX.  Based
on the memory meter applet in my gnome toolbar, with gnome, xemacs,
mozilla, and a couple java processes I'm usually just short of hitting
swap.

-wilhelm