Re: Questions about kernel 2.4.4

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 10:09:42PM +0000, Cameron Berkenpas wrote:
> Actually, I have had a lot of trouble building working 2.4 kernels for
> powerpc. I have a starmax 4000/200 (200 mhz 604e).
>
> Of course, I use source that's meant for powerpc. It appears linux for ppc
> has a ways to go before it's like linux for x86.

 I'm using Ben H's tree, but I was using the bk tree until it stopped being
available from penguinppc.org.  (Why did that happen, anyway?)

> Does anyone else have so much trouble building working 2.4 kernels for
> powerpc?

 I get lots of messages from the kernel about spinlocks on my quad SMP
PPC604 mac clone.  It also locks hard sometimes.  This is why I haven't made
it my main workstation yet :(  I haven't had time for kernel hacking, but
hopefully that'll change now that I've convinced my university to give me a
degree :)

> I have had almost no trouble with 2.2 kernels though..

2.2 won't do SMP on my machine.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y