Questions about kernel 2.4.4

Ciao a tutti,

I  compiled  a  kernel  from  my  iBook using  the  sources  from  the
kernel-sources-2.4.4     package      and     the     patches     from
kernel-patch-2.4.4-powerpc.

Now I have two troubles:

- the keyboard doesn't work under X. Every gives a different result!

- the  trackpad doesn't  work, either  using console  with  gpm either
  under X. This  worked fine using a 2.2.19  kernel (probed only under
  console).

For the second trouble I see at the boot this message

==============dmesg================================
ADB mouse at 3, handler set to 4 (trackpad)
input3: ADB HID on ID 3:3.01
mouse0: PS/2 mouse device for input3
mouse1: PS/2 mouse device for input0
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice

I use  gpm on  the device  /dev/input/mice and it  works using  an usb
mouse.

Now I was reading a document coming from SuSe, where I read:

============SuSe====================================

 echo "1"  > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation
 echo "87" > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode # F11
 echo "88" > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode # F12

 This makes the function keys F11 and F12 take on the function of the
 respective mouse buttons -- at least until the next reboot. So to make
 the change persistent put the three 'echo' commands at the end of the
 file /sbin/init.d/boot.local which is exexuted at each system startup.

So  I discovered  the  /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid directory  where I  found
these files:

==========/proc/sys/dev/mac_hid======================
ls /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid
keyboard_lock_keycodes
mouse_button_emulation
keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes
mouse_button2_keycode
mouse_button3_keycode

The  first  three  files  contains  0,  the  fourth  97  and  100  the
fifth. Should I change some of these to correct my problems?

Thanks for the help!

--
Ciao
leandro