Re: Mpeg video player

Bastien Nocera wrote:

> > For DivX, we're out of luck I'm afraid. I've been trying in vain to get
> > OpenDivX working, and even if it worked it wouldn't play all the DivX
> > movies available. For those you need Win32 codecs.
>
> I managed to get it to somewhat work in February. The only problem was
> compiling XMPS. I removed the flags "-DHAVE_MMX -DHAVE_2Dnow -DARCH_X86"
> from codecs/video/mpeg3/Makefile.am

Did that too, even submitted a bug about it, but the maintainer doesn't care
about this and that debian/control has Architecture: i386. :(

> It was locking up quite often, but I was able to play the example videos
> from the site.

I never got that far...

> And obviously didn't play any Windows DivX movies. You might have more luck
> using MOL and the hacked Microsoft Media Player, I didn't try that though.

Not the worst idea, but fullscreen video in MOL won't be a pleasure...

PS: Funnily, Netscape Messenger considers your mails unread even after I have
read them.