Re: ATI Rage Pro & XFree 4.0.3 config problems

William C Brennan wrote:

Until recently, I've been running XFree86 3.3.6 successfully with my hardware. I've tried to upgrade the X-server to 4.0.3, and sadly haven't gotten anything but a
blank screen and a "fatal" error.  I also tried 4.0.2 with the same results.
Any hints, suggestions, or direction would be very much appreciated.
I'm dead in the water, and don't have the faintest idea where to begin.

See the other thread about a Wallstreet PowerBook. You might need a kernel patch (or boot from OF) and build X yourself or use RPMs.