fetchmail and postfix-upgrade broken?

Hi all!
Running woody on my box i did a mozilla download this morning. With it came an automatic fetchmail and postfix-upgrade. Despite I tried to configure my postfix as it was it's still broken. Now I'm far away of beeing an expert and after hours I have no idea whats going wrong. I'm not able to send local mail neither to my relayhost. In /etc/postfix all uid and gid are root (that seems a difference if I remember right) and the symlink postfix-start is missing. "Postmap" works fine but "postfix reload" fatally fails.
Any hints or help is gratefully appreciated
TIA

georg

mailto: g.koss@eunet.at