Re: fetchmail and postfix-upgrade broken?

Georg Koss <g.koss@eunet.at> writes:

> Running woody on my box i did a mozilla download this morning. With
> it came an automatic fetchmail and postfix-upgrade. Despite I tried
> to configure my postfix as it was it's still broken. Now I'm far
> away of beeing an expert and after hours I have no idea whats going
> wrong. I'm not able to send local mail neither to my relayhost.

With problems like this, it really helps to paste some of the entries
in /var/log/mail.log.

> In /etc/postfix all uid and gid are root (that seems a difference if
> I remember right) and the symlink postfix-start is
> missing. "Postmap" works fine but "postfix reload" fatally fails.

This might be one of #98008, #97763, #98116.  Could you look at those
bugs and see if any are similar to your problem?  If so, send a
message to BUGNUM@bugs.debian.org with additional information (after
replacing BUGNUM with the number of the bug).