X Success and New Questions

Okay, I finally got X up and running. My mouse works and everything. My
next questions relate to the new input layer, as in, how did this come
about? I know that it's related to the 2.4 kernel, but why does it also
show up in the 2.2 series? How do you know if you have the new input
layer? I know just because of trial and error that I have the new one.
Is woody using the new layer? How do you compile a kernel to use the new
or old layers?

Sorry for so many questions, but I just gotta know! ;-)

Russell

_its_ (no apostrophe) means "the thing that it owns"
_it's_ (with apostrophe) means "it is"