Re: ReiserFS on blank hard drive

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 04:27:01PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > I have no investment one or the other. What about XFS makes more
> > sense?
>
> it has far greater filesystem/file size abilities then reiser.  it
> also appears to be faster in many/most aspects.
Not in it's 1.0 release.  XFS 1.0 has been shown to be slower than even ext2
on some operations.  Deleting being one of them, which is already slow
enough on large ext2 directories.

I'm really interested in the new hashing that is being added to ext2, and
once ext3 is ported to 2.4, it'll be ported over to the newer ext3 fs.