Re: Latest BenH kernel supports mixer on TiBook

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Peter Cordes wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 12:18:25PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> > >  Cool!  Are there any PC card NICs that do that?
> >
> > Sure - it seems my TiBook does, at least a couple of weeks until someone
> > reveals that that was bogus too, but instead it has a built-in
> > coffeemachine ;-)
> >

>  Are the NICs in TiPbs cardbus or something?  I assumed they were built in.
> (I've got a cheapo 486 laptop, and I've never had my hands on a powerbook.)
> I'm talking about being able to buy a NIC that does that, that I can use in
> any random laptop with a PC card (aka pcmcia) slot.

Sorry, I didn't read your mail well. You are right, the NIC on my laptop
is builtin, not a PC card.

Did a search at google on "auto-MDIX pcmcia" with nothing but the TiBook
and the chip showing up - good luck hunting :-)

 - Jonas

--
Jonas Smedegaard   <jonas@jones.dk>   http://www.jones.dk/~jonas/
IT-guide dr. Jones    <dr@jones.dk>   http://dr.jones.dk/    +45 40843136