Re: problems compiling lastest benh kernel?

>I'm having trouble building the latest rsync of the benh kernel.  First I
>got an undefined symbol "xmon_printf" trying to link kernel.o, so I ran
>menuconfig and added xmon into the kernel.  Now I fail trying to build
>misc.o with
>
>/usr/src/linux-2.4/include/asm/cputable.h:45: `NR_CPUS' undeclared here
>(not in a function)
>
>and I'm not sure what to try next

The first one is some debug code I left more/less intentionally, you
have to leave xmon ON or remove that bit of code in arch/ppc/kernel/idle.c

The second one should be fixed now, it happens when building the zImage
and can be fixed by adding a #include <linux/threads.h> before the include
of cputable.h in the offending bootloader's misc.c

Ben.