Re: Switching consoles (was Re: XFree4 on Pismo)

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 09:00:34PM +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> that'd be great. The tapping 'feature' (I'd call it a p.i.t.a.) really annoys
> me. Isn't there a way to switch it off now?

/sbin/trackpad notap

It's in the powerpc-utils package. I put in a startup script and also in
/etc/power/pwrctl, since it gets reset after a snooze. pwrctl seems to
be called before the trackpad reset, though, so I used *kludge warning*
'sleep 3; trackpad notap'.

Another snooze problem I had was this: (TiBook, btw)
eth1: Error -19 transmitting packet
hermes @ 0xd4a9d000: Card removed while waiting for command completion.

I got hundreds of those in /var/log/syslog, and my system slowed to a
crawl. I expect it's just something about pcmcia that I don't know, but
adding 'ifdown eth1' to sleep and 'ifup eth1' to wakeup fixed it.

--
Grant Hollingworth / grant@antiflux.org / http://okcomputer.antiflux.org