Re: boot-floppies for stable

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 08:26:00AM -0600, Bil Repenning wrote:
> Hello;
> I am new to the list so let me know if I should not be posting this way.

you posted to debian-ports, which is really an alias for 6 or more
lists -- debian-alpha, debian-m68k, debian-sparc, debian-arm,
debian-mips etc etc.  don't do that ;-)

the list you want is debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org

> I have a PowerPC Performa 6290 CD.  I ca not find information on if Debian
> will run on it.  If not why?

it depends if this is a PCI mac or not, i don't know the performa
models well enough to say.  if its the older NuBus, pre OpenFirmware
then no.  though there is a recent kernel effort to port linux to the
nubus.  if that is working enough you could install debian but it
would be a bit more difficult since the boot floppies don't support
that subarch yet.

> Michael Schmitz; are you saying that NO PowerPC's will build on Debian?  I

i hope he did not say such a thing, i am writing this on a Blue G3
running Debian potato.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/