Re: XFree4 on Pismo

Hi,

> > Now the server started and displayed some funny blue vertical lines on
> > the
> > display until it stopped because it couldn't open default font 'fixed'
> > (dunno yet how to solve that problem).
>
> If it aborts there the garbled display is meaningless.
>
> You are either missing some of the xfonts-* packages or don't have the
> FontPath for misc in Section "Files".

Okay, it said 'FontPath "unix/:7100"' which means xfs. I commented that line
out and set the FontPath to "/usr/lib/X11/fonts"

> >   Option       "DPMS"
>
> I don't use this for my Pismo because I understand frequently switching on
> and off a TFT shortens its lifetime. Your choice in the end.

What does the DPMS option do? (I just took the config file from somebody
else)

> The rest of what you included of your XF86Config looks perfectly sane to
> me.

So, I'm supposed to use the Framebuffer device by setting the Option
"UseFBDev"?

> > P.S.: It might sound *real* stupid to you, but here's just one more
> > question: how for Christ's sake do I switch between consoles like under
> > PC-Hardware with Ctrl+Alt+F{1-6}?
>
> As I mentioned just yesterday in another post: ctrl+alt/option+F[1-6] or
> ctrl+command/apple+F[1-6], depending if you are using Linux or ADB
> keycodes.
> Note that you have to hold the Fn key for F[1-6] to work on a Pismo.

derrr... So, yeah, it's cmd+ctrl+Fn+F{1-6} (in that order!)

--
     Philipp von Weitershausen
[ *pronounce: "fun Viters-houzen" ]

Web http://www.philikon.de