Re: Ancient date on TiBook (Was: Titanium trackpad blues)

At 4:28 PM -0700 4/5/01, Jason E. Stewart wrote:
It would be sooooooooo.... nice if they did. Every time this happens
to me, it kills postgres, because the negative dates corrupt the
pg_control file. Luckily I have a spare, uncorrupted one lying around
for just such an occasion, but man, the first time it happened I was
freaking out. Also sendmail refuses to work. Since I'm only stupid
enough to do this about once every three months, I've forgotten that
it will happen, and I get really irritated because sendmail is
broken.... and then I remember.

jas.

what about an init script that runs just after the network is up, but before postgres, that checks the date and if it's < 2001 force it to 1/1/2001 then run ntpdate to get the real date?

just a work around for a poor design, but the best i can think of.