Re: What ethernet HW is in the TiBook??

> >> Will this also work by just closing the lid, or will I have to tweak the
> >> pwrctl script for that?
> >
> >AFAIR pmud doesn't actually shut down the Pismo when the lid is closed.
> >The tweaks to the pwrctl script were solely to prevent output or log
> >messages. What you can remove from pwrctl is the hdparm calls, that should
> >speed up the wakeup.
>
> Right, most of these are probably useless on the recent powerbooks (but
> not on the 3400 I guess). it's not necessary to bring the ethernet down

It was just a hack to reduce power consumption :-)

> I think I know why the TiPB dies. Looks like the kernel doesn't properly
> recognize the 7410 CPU as having an L2 cache, and so we don't properly
> flush it & invalidate it. (We don't catch the altivec neither). I'm
> working on a fix.

Do you regard sleep support on Pismo and the Ti sufficiently stable so I
can remove all these sick hacks from the pmud package? I was preparing a
new release (right now I'm hunting for a static version of apt-get so my
upgrade to testing won't end in disaster).

	Michael