Re: What ethernet HW is in the TiBook??

>> I just successfully put this Pismo to sleep with snooze and woke it up with
>> the space bar. :)
>>
>> Will this also work by just closing the lid, or will I have to tweak the
>> pwrctl script for that?
>
>AFAIR pmud doesn't actually shut down the Pismo when the lid is closed.
>The tweaks to the pwrctl script were solely to prevent output or log
>messages. What you can remove from pwrctl is the hdparm calls, that should
>speed up the wakeup.

Right, most of these are probably useless on the recent powerbooks (but
not on the 3400 I guess). it's not necessary to bring the ethernet down
neither (at least with gmac. I changed bmac a bit too in my tree for that
purpose but didn't have a chance to test it yet). The driver should take
care of everything.

I think I know why the TiPB dies. Looks like the kernel doesn't properly
recognize the 7410 CPU as having an L2 cache, and so we don't properly
flush it & invalidate it. (We don't catch the altivec neither). I'm
working on a fix.

Ben.