Re: configuration problem in testing

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 06:08:05PM -0800, Wilhelm Fitzpatrick wrote:
> interesting, dpkg shows debconf installed on my system, but looking on the
> ftp server, it looks like debconf is missing from testing.  And where are
> the actual deb's for unstable stored these days, they don't seem to be in
> debian/dists/sid/main/binary-powerpc like I would expect?

 On my woody system, apt-cache show debconf shows:
Filename: dists/potato/main/binary-all/admin/debconf_0.2.80.17.deb

 (Yes, I am certain that the system is woody, and that it's package file
refers to a package in potato.  The last update I did was last Saturday.)

 The way to tell where stuff is is to look at the Packages file.  If the
woody version is the same as the potato version, they just refer to the one
in the potato directory.  (The packages files are cached in /var/state/apt,
BTW.)

 Most of the packages in sid are using the package pool system now.  Some of
the woody packages are, too.  e.g. in woody, nictools-pci is:
Filename: pool/main/n/nictools/nictools-pci_1.3-2_i386.deb.

 There was a post about the move to package pools on debian-devel-announce
(I think it was this list.) a while ago.  The plan is to let things migrate
by having new uploads go in the pool, and leaving stuff in the old trees
until it is replaced by a new version.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y