Re: OF reset ?

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 08:03:31PM +0100, Arne Scheffler wrote:
> Hi,
> i made a little mistake in configuring the yaboot.conf.
> I forgot that i've got now a scsi disc, where linux
> exists on. so now i can't get into the openfirmware
> (with command-option-O-F), because i've run ybin and
> everytime i'm booting the menu-script is showing.
> Now I need the path to my scsi-card, and the only way
> i know of is with "dev / ls" in OF, but i never get there.
> So maybe a solution would be to clear yaboot from OF.
> How do i do it, or where to get the scsi information ?

ybin does nothing to OF that prevents `command option o f' from
getting you an OF prompt, in fact it can't do anything to prevent
this.  you just  need to hold these keys down while the machine boots,
since there is a very short window for which it will be noticed.

also if you have current ybin in potato you should be able to use
ofpath to find the scsi device path.  unless you have an unusal card
that ofpath doesn't know about.

make sure your really pressing command and option, many people think
its control option, that won't work.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/