Re: Powerbook 3400 install

> thats an oldworld so the CD is not bootable.  you need to use the boot
> floppies which may or may not work since they don't detect the
> keyboard properly for most people.  (when they ask for the root floppy)

Although the original author wanted to be able to remove MacOS completely,
I will pass along the tip that I was able to install Debian on my 3400
very easily by using BootX to boot a kernel & installation ramdisk image.
If the boot floppies don't work, perhaps you could start with a small
MacOS partition, use BootX to get Linux installed and booting, and then
reclaim the MacOS partition for Linux once you've got the quik stuff
worked out.  I used to use that with LinuxPPC before I switched to debian,
so I know it works on the 3400.

just passing along my observations.

-wil