Re: Powerbook 3400 install

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 02:32:12PM -0800, Joseph Red wrote:
> I see where this is on the supported hardware list, but I've been unable to
> find any install instructions.  Making some changes in OF to try to get it
> to boot from the cd-rom didn't work.  Tonight I'll create the base floppies

thats an oldworld so the CD is not bootable.  you need to use the boot
floppies which may or may not work since they don't detect the
keyboard properly for most people.  (when they ask for the root floppy)

> & try that.  My main question has to do with MacOS.  Do I need to keep MacOS
> on this machine?  It only has a 1.2gb HD, & I'm never going to use the
> MacOS.  Is there any reason I can't just wipe the HD & fill it up w/ Debian?

if you use quik you can remove MacOS completely.  thats a bit more
challenging though.  (only on oldworld its very easy to install and
boot without macos on newworlds)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/