Re: running X on localhost with different user

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 12:16:56AM -0800, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> Mike Fedyk wrote:
>
> > You can use the "xhost" command and enable access from the entire localhost.
>
> Yep, that is what I used to do on XFree86 3.3.x, and specifically I would
> issue:
> xhost +localhost

oh, I didn't know that wouldn't work with 4.x

> Ah, I just figured it out...
>
> xhost +local:username

This looks really good.  With 3.x you had to do some kind of key swap which
seemed kinda funky.  Though, I didn't take the time to really check it out.

> does the trick...I guess XFree86 will only allow a specific user connect to X
> for security reasons????

Looks like a major improvement.

> Sorry for the waste of bandwidth...:-/

Yeah, we need to be able to get our mp3z and porn 0.001% faster!

Mike