Re: Help Ti PB -- nervous breakdown

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 10:36:31AM +0100, Christoph Ewering wrote:

> The First two days I need to discover that yaboot 1.1.1 does not work
> with the TiPB and to find a typo in my bootscript. So I copied the

what do you mean yaboot 1.1.1 does not work on this machine?  its
quite possible you won't be able to see the text it prints out unless
you use ybin.  but i (and benh im sure) would like to know exactly
what is wrong here.

> yaboot from the LinuxPPC 2000 Q4-CD.

this yaboot is hideously broken.

> I tried to boot with a selfcompiled kernel that I use on my Pismo. And
> tried to install debian. What I did not know, kernel 2.4.2 has problems
> with the loop-device. So installing debian with this kernel was not possible.

2.2.18 from what i hear does run on this machine, you just need to use
video=ofonly.

> Ran in some other problems so I decided to install LinuxPPC Q4.

expect more problems then.

> And some application problems:
> 1. Can not connect to netatalk 1.5 with mol
> 2. Can not run mol in 1152x768
>
> Please help me to get linux on my TiPB to work as smooth as on my pismo.

since your using linuxppc you should ask on a linuxppc list.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/