Re: Help with X?

Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > (this is for a Pismo)
> > HorizSync   31.5
> > VertRefresh 78.7
> >
> > I had got 31.5h and 75v from the web, but when I looked in the diagnostics
> > from startup it seemed to be setting itself to 78.7v, so I changed it. I had
> > some variable numbers, like HorizSync 31.5 - 48.5 and  VertRefresh 50-70,
> > but it didn't like that at all.
>
> What does "didn't like" mean?
>
> > What are others using on a Pismo?
>
> I have:
>
>     HorizSync   30-64
>     VertRefresh 55-65
>
> That gives 1024x768 at 60 Hz which I understand is optimal for TFT.

Michel,

Didn't work was either X didn't come up or it locked up the machine and
ctl-apple-backspace didn't have any effect, causing a complete power off.

This must have been something else that was causing the problem, since I have
just replaced my numbers with yours and they work, as well as the others that
I thought didn't work (which work also)...hmmm....and this may have had to do
with the Option "UseFBDev", since that was added at some point.

The question I have is what the spec is for this TFT? I left it with your
numbers for now and it looks the same as it did with the hard coded numbers
(i.e., 31.5h/78.7v), but I would like to see what the actual spec is for the
TFT. Is there a place online that would have that on Apple's site?

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.