Re: G4

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 09:44:46PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > Execute a Shell
> > 	mkofboot --boot /dev/hda4 -m /usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot --root
> > /dev/hda 6 --partition 6
> >
> > OF won't accept it. Please can anybody tell me what I am doing Wrong?
>
> Is there a /usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot in the installer filesystem, or would

there is. mkofboot would have complained otherwise.

> that be on /target/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot rather? Also, it should be --root
> /dev/hda6 (no space). And finally, I'm missing the --image option telling

yes, but that would only cause the kernel to panic, he is not getting
that far.

--image is not required since mkofboot defaults to /vmlinux which is
where debian puts the symlink by default.

> yaboot what kernel image to use (relative to the root directory of
> partition 6). There may be a sane default for this but I'd rather not try.

see above

> What's the OF error message, finally?

yes this we need to know.  my guess is the bootstrap partition is
incorrectly created.  it must be type Apple_Bootstrap

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/