Re: Q: double Boot for SMP 7300

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 04:57:16AM -0800, T Wilson wrote:

> I don't know if this will work on your computer, but I just hold down the

it won't

> option key on boot.  I get a screen that has a curved arrow icon, icons
> for the Mac System partitions, and a straight arrow.  Click on the
> partition you want to boot into, and then click on the straight arrow.
> The 'puter will continue booting into that system.  (The curved arrow
> starts a new search for systems on the computer drives.)  For background
> info, I have a sawtooth G4 with three Mac system partitions - 9.04 and
> 9.1, as well as OS X PB.

for the hundreth time this is a VERY recent feature of newworld
OpenFirmware, its only available on ibooks, AGP G4s (not PCI G4s or
G3s) and other machines made late 2000 and on.  its not available on
all newworlds, and not on ANY oldworlds.  its also NOT a feature of
the OSX bootloader, its very recent versions of OpenFimrware.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/