Re: evolution etc...

Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> > Speaking of menus, I've also had a problem with the GNOME menus for some
> > time. The main menu (foot on panel) doesn't contain the Debian part, and
> > it doesn't follow changes in the Control Center.
>
> Sorry, I don't use sawfish, but on this second one, I've noticed the Debian
> submenu disappearing and reappearing through the 1.2 series.  It seems to
> disappear with a major upstream change, and reappear shortly thereafter.
> Now that I have an i386 box running unstable, I can assure you it's not an
> architecture thing.

At least. :)

I've had a different experience - the Debian submenu hasn't been there for
months. I don't remember exactly but it went away at about the time I switched
to Helix. It looks a bit to me like GNOME uses 'my personal menu' (which isn't
maintained automatically) instead of the default one, but I am far from
understanding how the GNOME menu system works.

> I don't know for sure, but the changelog might help...

Didn't see anything helpful. Thanks anyway.