install problem on a 7600

I am running a 7600 with a powerlogix g3 upgrade card and a voodoo3. I did
successfully get through the install, but I upgraded to sid which was a
little too unstable for me :]. So I wiped everything and started over,
but now when I run bootx to get the install going it loads the ramdisk but
finds errors in it and hangs when loading the driver for my usb
intelimouse. What Im grabbing is the linux kernel the ramdisk and bootx
from debian.org for ppc. Originally I thought the ramdisk just got screwed
up during the download, but I grabbed it 3 times with ie, and netscape?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matthew M Carroll
mmc2@csd.uwm.edu