IBM PS820 & Debain

Hi debians,

may I introduce myself: I'm a 20 year old trainee in a german IT-Company.
I'm a newbie in the Linux-"Business" but I thinks this OS is going to
inspire me more and more..

Now, here is my question:

I've got a old (1994) IBM-Thinkpad (PowerPC) Power Series 820. My problem is
that I couldn't get Debian to install on it. I've downloaded the PowerPC
Version of the Debian 2.2 .18pre21 Release. The notebook couldn't boot from
this CD. I've created the disk-images for "apus" "chrp" and "prep" (each
with rescue.bin an root.bin). But the Lap can't boot from these diskettes.

What should I do to install Debian?

P.S. On the Thinkpad I installed WinNT 4.0 PPC (shame on me) and it runs
without problems.

Thanx.

Ronny Greifenhain
mailto: rgreifen@trendpark.de