VNC

Hey,

I'm trying to make a headless vncserver box and am having mild difficulties.
I'm using the vncthing vnc client on the mac <http//www.webthing.net/> to
connect.

I'm connecting fine and I can run an xterm or test apps like xclock/xeyes.
And it is sort of working - however I'm getting a lot of graphics
corruption. For example any text I type in the xterm is unreadable
(basically looks like runic ;-) yet any text I receive as the result of a
command (e.g. ls) is fine.

Also the drag bar of the windows (I'm using Sawmill) is usually very corrupt
(lots of stray pixels). I've had a little more success when I start the
xserver with --depth 24 -pixelformat bgr888 but I wouldn't say it's working
perfectly (or even useable).

Anyone know the magic configuration to get vncserver working correctly (I've
also tried tweaking with vncthings encodings and I've used other vnc clients
- to much the same effect).

Debian potato, vncserver 3.3.3-10, vncthing 2.2.

Help!

    Jon.