RE: Pushing up daisies...

> From: newsgate@impure.org.uk [mailto:newsgate@impure.org.uk]
>
> Does anyone know a quick fix (opening the unit is not an
> issue, I replaced

	What about opening the machine, disconnecting the power cable from
the hard disk drive, booting from a diskette, and then shutting down the
machine?  This should reset the Open Firmware.  Just remember not to try to
disconnect or connect the IDE cable with the hard disk spinning, and *if*
you try to reconnect the power cable with the machine running be extra
carefult, I almost fried my 233 MHz G3 by touching the right-hand side of
the connector plug into the wrong pin in the disk drive.

--_
 / \      Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra +55 (11) 246 96 07 resl
 \ /      Amdocs Brasil Ltda, Sao Paulo          +55 (11) 3040 8913 coml
  X      http://terravista.pt./Enseada/1989/ ; mailto:leandrod@amdocs.com
 / \      Campanha fita ASCII, contra correio HTML                BRASIL