Pismo, external video

Dear folks,

My problem is to get the external video port running under linux
(2.2.17pre20-ben2 on Pismo). I found some hints in previous mails on
this list, saying that the kernel options
   video=map:1 or video=map:10
are redirecting the output to fb1, which I assume to be the external
video port. Unfortunately, these options seem to have no effect at
all, the monitor still gets no signal.

Can anybody tell me, what I have to do to use external monitors on my
Pismo under linux (and which is the minimum kernel version for this)?

Are there any further settings required?

Thanks,

  Marc