Re: Request: Success reports of using quik to boot an OldWorld Mac

On Sat, 03 Feb 2001 02:19:49 Andrew Sharp wrote:
> Well, I did the nvsetenv settings listed here on a 7600 I
> just aquired, and now my machine is hosed!  ~:^(  It won't
> boot at all, not from floppy, disk or anything.  I don't
> suppose there is a way to set the nvram to some defaults or
> something.  Damnit.  I guess this is an old world mac, so
> holding down cmd-opt-O-F doesn't seem to do anything, before
> the catastrophe or after.

cmd-opt-p-r does a PRAM reset. This gives you back the /AAPL,ROM
boot-device and all the "normal" MacOS boot methods.

The nvsetenv man page implies that you have chaos/control video
also. Do you get anything output to your console?

Also, my list of steps did not include running "quik". Did you do
that? My quik.conf looks like:

partition=2
timeout=30
image=/boot/vmlinux-2.2.18pre21
        label=kdedevel
        root=/dev/sda2
        read-only

I should have put these two hints in my previous message.

--
rcook@ntlug.org
rcook@hex.net