Re: Newbie Install Question on Umax S900 (and now 7200!and7300?)

Yay! Booting into single-user mode on the S900 and then running the installer using the commands as found in the inittab file. Once in the installer via single-user mode there was a dialog box that asked me if I wanted to remove the PCMCIA stuff. I was able to finish successfully installing the system from there. Now it's just a matter of getting everything configured.

A big "thank you" to everyone who helped me out with this! Things should be smooth-sailing from here.

--Ted

>>> Andrew Sharp <andy@netfall.com> - 1/30/01 2:23 PM >>>
If you are booting from BootX like me, then there is a
screen which has various crap on it, and one of the text
boxes is marked "additional kernel arguments" or some such.
Just put "-s" in there and then click on Linux.  If you are
booting some other way, good luck.  Just kidding.  You
should at some point get a prompt like "boot: " and after a
few seconds the word Linux is filled in after the prompt and
the system starts to boot.  You have to stop it at the boot
prompt by hitting the left shift key when you see the
prompt.  Add "-s" after the word Linux, or you might have to
type "Linux -s" if it doesn't put the Linux there for you.

Then at some point in the boot up it will stop and ask for
the root password or CONTROL-D to continue normal start up.
Type in the root password and then you have a shell and you
can start looking at things.

Good luck,