Re: pmac_set_rtc_time: got 3 byte reply

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 09:42:54AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 04:34:45AM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > hmm the only time i have seen this is running hwclock --systohc --utc
> >
> > (which works now with CONFIG_PPC_RTC btw)
>
> It's a harmless error.  If you compile your own kernel, edit
> arch/ppc/kernel/pmac_time.c, and in pmac_set_rtc_time, look for something like
> case: CUDA
<snip>

Well, I got it to stop by turning off SMP and AltiVec support, which I guess
I turned on while installing the new card. Thanks for your responses,
though.

Now, 2.4.0-prerelease doesn't compile due to some errors in assembly.
Unfortunately, gpm isn't working, but the error is in asm/mmu.h:10
Unrecognized opcode: 'typedef', which comes when it's compiling head.S. Do I
need to upgrade something?

Thanks again,

Peter