Re: Getting 1024x768 on X on Powerbook firewire

On Mon, Jan 01, 2001 at 10:29:28PM +0900, Marshal Wong wrote:
> Hello all.  I hope you've all had a great new year.
>
> I'm trying to get X at 1024x768 on a Powerbook firewire.  Has anyone been
> successful in such a situation?  I have a sneaking suspiction that the
> reason none of the modelines for higher resoutions are accepted is because
> the frequecys for the monitor are too low in XF86config.  However, I don't
> know, and have been unable to find, the information for the LCD screens
> frequencies.  So any help or information would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I´ve created a config 3 hours ago. It´s for XFree4 ...

I send you my XF86Config with this mail.

If you install xserver-xfree86 you can configure you xserver. If you choose
medium when the question to set the screen appears you can set 1024X768 at 60 hz ...

everthing should work perfect if you set the keyboard right ;)

cu,

	mfl

> Marshal
>

> --

Michael Flaig ... PROLinux (www.pro-linux.de)
News, free web support and discussion forum

MobilePhone: +49 179 2200049
# XF86Config-4 (XFree86 server configuration file) generated by Dexconf, the
# Debian X Configuration tool, using values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the XF86Config manual page.
# (Type "man XF86Config" at the shell prompt.)

Section "Files"
	FontPath	"unix/:7100"			# local font server
	# if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
	FontPath	"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load	"ddc"
	Load	"GLcore"
	Load	"dbe"
	Load	"dri"
	Load	"extmod"
	Load	"glx"
	Load	"pex5"
	Load	"record"
	Load	"xie"
	Load	"bitmap"
	Load	"freetype"
	Load	"speedo"
	Load	"type1"
	Load	"vbe"
	Load	"int10"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Keyboard1"
    Driver      "keyboard"
    Option      "AutoRepeat"    "100 50"

# If the keyboard layout is fscked, try this
#    Option     "XkbDisable"

     Option     "XkbLayout"     "de"
     Option     "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
     Option     "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
     Option     "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
     Option     "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/gpmdata"
	Option 		"Protocol"		"MouseSystems"
#	Option		"Protocol"		"IntelliMouse"
#	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Generic Video Card"
	Driver		"ati"
	VideoRam	8092
        BusID           "PCI:0:16:0"
        Option          "UseFBDev"
        Option          "XAANoDashedBresenhamLine"
EndSection

# General Framebuffer Device driver
Section "Device"
    Identifier  "FBDev"
    Driver      "fbdev"
# Fill in the correct PCI ID for your graphics device here!
    BusID       "PCI:0:16:0"
# If you don't want to use the standard framebuffer device
    Option      "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"
    Option      "ShadowFB"      "on"
# This is mainly for reducing network traffic for remote display
#    Option     "BackingStore"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Generic Monitor"
	HorizSync	28-49
	VertRefresh	43-72
	Option		"DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"Generic Video Card"
	Monitor		"Generic Monitor"
	DefaultDepth	24
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		1
		Modes		"1024x768"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		4
		Modes		"1024x768"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		8
		Modes		"1024x768"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		15
		Modes		"1024x768"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		16
		Modes		"1024x768"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		24
		Modes		"1024x768"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier	"Default Layout"
	Screen		"Default Screen"
	InputDevice	"Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
	InputDevice	"Generic Mouse" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
	Mode	0666
EndSection