Getting 1024x768 on X on Powerbook firewire

Hello all.  I hope you've all had a great new year.

I'm trying to get X at 1024x768 on a Powerbook firewire.  Has anyone been
successful in such a situation?  I have a sneaking suspiction that the
reason none of the modelines for higher resoutions are accepted is because
the frequecys for the monitor are too low in XF86config.  However, I don't
know, and have been unable to find, the information for the LCD screens
frequencies.  So any help or information would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Marshal