Re: paulus kernels - where are they gone ?

> > > "2000 Modell" !?  when I install it, my Harddisk stops and the
> > > system canīt do anything. Mouse and Keyboard does work. The Harddisk
> > > suspends I think and doesnīt wake up again on access.
> >
> > Which version of pmud are you installing? I'm running 0.7-2 with a 2.4
> > kernel on my pismo without any problems.
>
> Iīm running kernel 2.2.17 (from 2.2r0) ... and pmud is 0.7-3 ...
> perhaps the kernel is too old. But I didnīt geht a newer one to run ...

The kernel and pmud versions are OK. When you say the HD suspends this
means it suspends when pmud warns about low battery? I had added Core99
support code in the pwrctl script to force the HD to completely shut down,
but that's not a problem on my Lombard (it just takes some interrupt
timeouts, one IDE reset and it powers back up). If that fails to work on
the Pismo, something's wrong with the IDE code (attempted disk activity
should at least get you the interrupt timeouts).

pmud can't initiate proper sleep on the Pismo so devices should not be
powered down by the kernel. Is that right, BenH?

	Michael