Re: Helix GNOME, report of compilation

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 12:18:06PM +0200, hadess@writeme.com wrote:
> Hi fellow PPC users,
>
> Here I make a report of the status of the .debs I compiled over the
> week-end and will (very soon) make available. I CC'ed Peter
> Teichman, as he seems to be the current maintainer for the Debian
> packages. I recompiled most of Helix GNOME for Debian/PPC.

Excellent! There have been several people asking for packages for
Debian/PPC. I am sorry that I haven't had the resources to create them
already.

> First the 2 packages that I can't include in their current state:
> - abiword package is definitely broken. You can't compile it, as dpkg build
> system removes executable permission on the install_debian.sh script. If a fix
> is made available shortly, I'll include in the pack.

I'll look into this.

> - gtk-themes contains themes engines already compiled for x86, bad, bad.

Eeeek, that shouldn't be the case anymore. I fixed one such problem
some time ago. Are you working from the current version of the source?

> These are the ones that I had problems compiling:
> - gnome-pilot needs gob, gnome-pilot-conduits needs gnome-pilot, and no official
> package exists.

Gob is now in Woody, so you could grab the source package from
there. I provide gnome-pilot source packages with the rest of the
Helix GNOME source.

> - gnome-iconedit (and gnumeric I think) need liboaf.

They shouldn't. We aren't shipping liboaf as part of Helix
GNOME. Remove any oaf-related packages and see if it will build.

Peter