Re: Helix GNOME, report of compilation

Quoting Peter Teichman <peter@helixcode.com>:

> On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 12:18:06PM +0200, hadess@writeme.com wrote:
> > Hi fellow PPC users,
> >
> > Here I make a report of the status of the .debs I compiled over the
> > week-end and will (very soon) make available. I CC'ed Peter
> > Teichman, as he seems to be the current maintainer for the Debian
> > packages. I recompiled most of Helix GNOME for Debian/PPC.
>
> Excellent! There have been several people asking for packages for
> Debian/PPC. I am sorry that I haven't had the resources to create them
> already.
>
> > First the 2 packages that I can't include in their current state:
> > - abiword package is definitely broken. You can't compile it, as dpkg
> build
> > system removes executable permission on the install_debian.sh script.
> If a fix
> > is made available shortly, I'll include in the pack.
>
> I'll look into this.
>
> > - gtk-themes contains themes engines already compiled for x86, bad,
> bad.
>
> Eeeek, that shouldn't be the case anymore. I fixed one such problem
> some time ago. Are you working from the current version of the source?

This one is the current gtk-themes_0.1.orig.tar.gz in the Debian directory.
libstone.so in the Stone sub-dir...

> > These are the ones that I had problems compiling:
> > - gnome-pilot needs gob, gnome-pilot-conduits needs gnome-pilot, and
> no official
> > package exists.
>
> Gob is now in Woody, so you could grab the source package from
> there. I provide gnome-pilot source packages with the rest of the
> Helix GNOME source.
I meant gob, but I found the .deb, I'll recompile it on potato, better be safe.

> > - gnome-iconedit (and gnumeric I think) need liboaf.
>
> They shouldn't. We aren't shipping liboaf as part of Helix
> GNOME. Remove any oaf-related packages and see if it will build.
Hum, don't have such a thing installed... I'll double-check. If I can't get it
to compile, I'll compile with the liboaf in the Evolution preview packages.

I'll send you, and the ML, the url to the packages. I don't think it would be
approved by Helix Code, would it ?

> Peter

PS: Tuomas, please, take a look at the icon I asked you for, that's to put with
packages ;-)