Re: compiling kernel

Sorry to repost this, I think I sent it to wrong thread berfore (and I'm kind
of stuck at this point):

> > install libc6-dev and at least that error will go away, you may have
> > to install a couple others.

I did: apt-get install libc6-dev
Message was that I had the latest version.  I did 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get
upgrade'.  I get the same error message when I do 'make vmlinux' as before.
I tried removing libc6-dev before re-installing, but got dependency problem
message.

As far as I can tell from Kernel README, I have all the proper software to
compile kernel (I did it ok before removing /include links).

???