Help please

Hello,
I'm an uber-newbie and am trying to install Debian on my bronze PowerBook G3.  I have BootX 1.2.2, and the latest stable PPC-optimized kernel and the ramdisk for Debian.  Whenever I startup with Linux, it simply brings up a problem message that says PowerPC architecture not supported.  I have a 400 MHz PowerBook G3 with 384 MB RAM, 1 MB cache, 8 MB video RAM, DVD, USB, etc.  It's a 'bronze' PowerBook G3.  Any help that could be spared would be much appreciated.

Drew