Re: Help please

firetear@swbell.net said:
> Hello, I'm an uber-newbie and am trying to install Debian on my bronze
> PowerBook G3.  I have BootX 1.2.2, and the latest stable PPC-optimized
> kernel and the ramdisk for Debian.  Whenever I startup with Linux, it
> simply brings up a problem message that says PowerPC architecture not
> supported.  I have a 400 MHz PowerBook G3 with 384 MB RAM, 1 MB cache,
> 8 MB video RAM, DVD, USB, etc.  It's a 'bronze' PowerBook G3.  Any
> help that could be spared would be much appreciated.

Where exactly did you get this boot image set? It did this once, long ago,
when PowerPC had no working install disks - but that has not been true anytime
recently.

get your install set from ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/frozen/main/disk
s-powerpc/current (or some other mirror thereof) and see if things go better.