Re: Pauls 2.2.15 does not boot a 7200

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 11:41:27AM -0400, Kevin Puetz wrote:

> Umm, VGA console would completely kill a powermac yes, as they have no vga and
> linux can have one and only one console...

yes i always disable this on powerpc kernels...

> what kind of config file were you starting with that had VGA console on? you
> should always make pmac_config before starting to get reasonable defaults...

no i never use pmac_config any more, it absolutly SCREWS UP the
config, i needed NFS support in my kernel and no matter how many times
i re make configed it i always ended up being shut off till i found
out that the fscking make pmac-config was responsible for it.

NEVER use make pmac-config it will IGNORE your config options and just
use the generic version.  maybe its a bug, i don't care.  make config
works fine, you just have to answer no to some more cruft.

the kernel i am running on my G3 is made from `make config' without
make pmac-config and it works very well.

the correct solution is for the config script to filter out the x86
options as soon as you answer `PowerMac' for CPU type.  no need for
this lame make pmac_config kludge.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/