Re: Pauls 2.2.15 does not boot a 7200

Ethan Benson wrote:
> the correct solution is for the config script to filter out the x86
> options as soon as you answer `PowerMac' for CPU type.  no need for
> this lame make pmac_config kludge.

Agreed.  For example if you know of an x86-only driver, then that
driver's Config.in line should look like

old:
	# x86-only driver appears in PPC
	tristate 'my driver' CONFIG_MYDRIVER

new:
	dep_tristate 'my driver' CONFIG_MYDRIVER $CONFIG_X86

Note1:  The newly-added dep_mbool, and existing dep_bool, replace ugly
and long Config.in 'if' statements with a single line.

Note2:  The dep_xxx functions REQUIRE that a symbol be defined.  An
empty string does NOT equal "n", as many people often assume.  This is
why you will find, for example, CONFIG_ISA and CONFIG_SBUS defined to
"n" in non-PC or non-SPARC architectures.

	Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Liberty is always dangerous, but
Building 1024            | it is the safest thing we have.