Re: Mozilla on PowerPC (was: how to report installed packages by size?)

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 12:24:23AM -0700, Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick wrote:
> >2) are you aware that ppc binaries are available from ftp.mozilla.org, and
> >weeklies (or so) from http://southpole.penguinpowered.com/)? They are
> >built on
> >debian by yours truly... if you just need a more recent one, I'll upload a
> >new
> >one to southpole tonight.
>
> Well, with your hints I built a non-debug version of mozilla, but it
> crashed everytime I tried to type in the text field on the proxy panel in
> the preferences panel.  I tried the newest build from s.p.c above, but it
> hung just trying to open the proxy panel.  So I ask...
>
> ...does mozilla allow you to set a proxy server yet?

{vi,emacs,joe} ~/.mozilla/preferences.js  ;-)

i was wondering around mozilla's site yesterday trying to decide
whether i should download 22MB of source or not and i seem to
rememeber seeing something about proxy pref panels being crashy.
entering the settings into the config file with a text editor should
work me thinks.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/